Join our Webinar on the Participation of
Children and Young People in Monitoring Reintegration
Over the years it has become clear that it is critical to understand the child’s world through their eyes rather than through those of adults. If we want to know more than simply ‘what were the outcomes’ and ‘what was the process’ then we need to use participatory approaches so we also know what those who were involved really thought about the programme or project.Participatory approaches towards M&E of reintegration can allow us to:
- Develop appropriate, socially and culturally grounded indicators and measures that take account of age and gender;
- Make standard concepts such as ‘reintegration’ meaningful in different contexts;
- Involve children in data-gathering in a meaningful way;
- Strengthen ownership and sustainability of interventions at local levels;
- Identify local priorities to inform contextually appropriate interventions;
- Collect relevant information;
- Understand the process of change and how and why changes happen;
- Better understand the complexity of issues.
Join us on Friday, November 22 at 10:00 AM (GMT+0:00) London via Zoom. Our panel will include Deep Savarni Purkayastha, Director of Praajak Development Society and Anna Nabulya, Deputy Director of Uganda Youth Development Link (UYDEL).
Please note this webinar will be held in English.