Call for Webinar Presenters
16th March 2016 at 1:08 pm #620MariModerator
The RISE Learning Network is preparing a series of webinars to help our expert organizations share their knowledge, reducing the limitations posed by language and distance. This is also great opportunity to raise your organization´s visibility as a subject matter expert.
Our first session will be in April. If you have an idea for a topic or a desire to present a webinar, we want to hear from you. We invite you to submit a proposal for a presenation on a topic related to the recovery and reintegration of child victims of sexual exploitation. Simply leave us a message in this discussion forum or contact your Regional Coordinator.
What is a webinar?
Short for Web-based seminar, a webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software. A key feature of a Webinar is its interactive elements: the ability to give, receive and discuss information in real-time.
Why is RISE offering webinars?
It is our goal to offer different channels to help our members gain important knowledge and skills, to help them and their organizations provide better services to child victims of sexual exploitation. Webinars are convenient and cost-effective ways to deliver training to multiple participants around the world.
The webinars will be used as a mean for us to consolidate our community of practice, share work experience, and as a way for us to gain inputs and ideas from others with expertise in care issues and improve our learning with particular focus on recovery and reintegration from child sexual exploitation.
When will the webinars be held and for how long?
Our goal is to offer between one and two webinars a month. We are planning two types of webinars:
1. Online Conversatories where up to three presenters will discuss a common topic, each presenting for about 15 minutes. The session will close with 15 minutes questions and answers.
2. In Focus Webinars: More similar to a masterclass and where one presenter will give a detailed presentation for about 45 minutes, allowing for additional 15 minutes for questions and answers.
What are the presenter’s responsibilities?
– A firm commitment to participate of the webinar on the agreed date.
– Provide a PowerPoint presentation to be used for the visual part of the webinar. This must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the webinar so that content can be evaluated and the final version can be distributed among registered participants in advance of the webinar.
– Participate of a trial session before the date of the webinar.
– Identify back-up presenters should an emergency occur on the presenters’ scheduled webinar date and time.
What will RISE provide?
– Dissemination: RISE will inform all our members and partners of the upcoming webinar, through our monthly digest, mailing lists and website.
– Assistance: The RISE Regional Coordinators are available to help the presenters in the planning and presentation of the webinar.
– Logistics: The presenters will be provided with helpful background information for webinar speakers as well as guidelines to ensure the PowerPoint presentation is appropriate to use for this virtual presentation.
– Technical Support: RISE uses Zoom to host its webinars. Our Regioanl Coordinators will handle all technical aspects of the webinar including training the presenters and monitoring/assisting with the entire live webinar presentation to assure the highest quality webinar.
Thank you! We look forward to your participation
The forum ‘Practice’ is closed to new topics and replies.